The Business Development Representative will work under the supervision of the Business Development Director - National Brand. This individual will be responsible for achievement of specific sales objectives, distribution targets, trade management and business development with our regional customers in Ontario. Customers will include convenience stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, food service and independent grocery chains. In addition, the incumbent will support the Business Development Director in specific tasks.
- Develop and execute the customers' business plan under his responsibility by implementing strategies, managing commercial expenses by segment and achieving profitable growth objectives;
- Identify development opportunities with existing customers while analyzing their needs. Work to expand distribution at new and existing customers;
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with existing and potential customers while creating and delivering efficient presentations;
- Create and develop strong promotional and customer trade plans to achieve strategic sales and trade objectives;
- Communicate effectively and work with cross functional departments by providing promotional information for demand planning and focus on forecast accuracy;
- Prospect for new customers by working in close collaboration with the various internal departments;
- Support the retail sales force by sharing and communicating information from small accounts (validation of promotions and new products, etc.).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A university degree or college diploma in a discipline related to consumer-packaged goods, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of retail and intermediary account management experience, preferably in the CPG / food industry;
- Excellent understanding of technologies (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and a good understanding of network applications related to sales information;
- Promotes teamwork, while able to work independently. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Highly organized, strong negotiation and presentation skills;
- An understanding of P&L factors, strong planning, analytical, organizational and time management skills are essential to provide ROI and strategic business recommendations;
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Autonomous with the ability to think "outside the box" in order to secure additional business opportunities;
- Must be able to effectively manage change in a dynamic environment.