SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to one of the two Payroll Coordinators, this new position will provide support to the existing payroll team. This position will allow the candidate to learn a great deal about payroll processing and does not require extensive experience.
- Assist the Payroll Coordinators with the full bi-weekly payroll cycle (Canada, US and UK) as well as off-cycle payroll as required;
- Process and ensure compliance of all employee payroll documents;
- Carry out the usual verifications and ensure compliance with the regulations in effect when processing salaries and other employment-related benefits;
- Reimburse and account for expense accounts;
- Assist in the completion of DAS applicable to the employee's jurisdiction and status;
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of insurance premiums for all staff;
- Assist with all month-end activities required by payroll (GL account reconciliation, expense account posting, etc.);
- Assist in the preparation of T4 and other year-end statements;
- Any other duties related to the job.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- DEP in accounting is an asset or any other similar relevant experience;
- Payroll Compliance Specialist designation is an asset;
- Two (2) years of experience in a similar position is an asset;
- Be highly motivated and interested in the payroll field;
- Have a certain ease and interest in learning to use new software;
- Experience with SAP and Ceridian Dayforce software is an asset but not a prerequisite;
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets;
- Recognized as a person with good oral and written communication skills in both official languages (French and English);
- Strong team spirit and collaboration;
- Possibility of telecommuting, according to the company's policy;
- Be a reliable, autonomous, responsible, dynamic, very discreet person with good priority management.