Summary of the position
Reporting to the Administrative Director, the incumbent assists the Accounts Payable clerk by performing the tasks inherent to the management of accounts payable while following up with suppliers.
- Create and maintain supplier master data;
- Ensure proper posting of amounts to general ledger accounts;
- Verify invoices, i.e. accuracy of prices charged, correct application of sales taxes, that payment authorization has been obtained, etc
- Ensure that applicable payment discounts are used.
- Issue cheques or prepare wire transfer requests and follow up on payment approval to ensure that they reach suppliers in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper and timely filing of invoices and other accounts payable documents in our computerized system;
- Respond to any other information or processing requests related to accounts payable.
Skills and abilities required
- DEP in office automation or a DEC in administration, accounting or finance;
- 4 years experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of office automation tools (especially Excel spreadsheets);
- Knowledge of the SAP system is an asset;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written). French is a plus;
- Be recognized for his analytical skills, rigor and teamwork;
- Have an excellent sense of responsibility and respect for deadlines.